Global Vehicle Shipping FAQs

Is there much difference in import regulations for the country of destinations?

All countries have specific importation rules and regulations; please go onto our route navigator to see specific information on each country of destination.


Can I buy vehicles from AUTOHUB?

AUTOHUB is unique. We don’t sell or buy cars. Instead we offer the easiest way to ship your cars into (and out of) many parts of the world.
We can take care of all associated processes involved “door to door” with one fixed price. You gain all the benefits of Large Company negotiated discounts, with no guesswork, and no worry.


What is your D2D process?

Receive the vehicle at one of our Export Centres, survey vehicle condition upon arrival and photograph, pre-export clearance process, ship, collect from port of discharge, transport to your specified commercial address or vehicle Compliance Centre.


How do you ship the vehicles?

We use a range of methods and a variety of shipping lines, offering you the maximum number of sailings to the maximum number of ports.


What is Roll-On-Roll-Off (RORO)?

Ships designed to carry rolling-stock cargo e.g. motor vehicles which does not require cranes to be loaded or off-loaded but is driven on and off the ship’s decks.


What is a ‘Gate In’ condition survey and report

A record of the condition of the vehicle noting any damage, scratching, presence of a stereo – including digital photos taken upon our receipt of your vehicle. This is used to confirm how we received the vehicle and can be used in the event of any shipping or insurance claims.


What do I do if I believe my vehicle was damaged while in your care?

Contact us immediately and advise us of your concerns. This can be done via email to

What is the documentation and information do you require to ship my vehicle?

1. Purchase Invoice (Proof of Legal Title)
2. Full details of seller, buyer and vehicle (make, model, year and chassis number)


Can you ship my Trailer or caravan?

We can ship all sorts of trailers. All you need to do is provide us with full dimensions including, width, height and length – including the draw bar.


As a vehicle Exporter, can I prepay your services and on charge my customer?

Yes. We can invoice an Exporter in their nominated or local currency. The Importer will still need to pay any local duties or taxes unless you have made prior arrangements to cover this also.


What do the following terms mean?

  • FOB Price (Free on Board) – Vehicle cost plus any inland costs in country of origin to get the vehicle onto a vessel.
  • CIF Price (Cost, Insurance and Freight) – Vehicle cost plus inland costs in country of origin, loading costs in country of origin, Freight to country of destination and Marine Insurance. All other costs are at the expense of the Buyer.
  • Landed D2D (Landed cost to country of Destination, excluding local duties and taxes) – Vehicle cost plus inland transportation costs in both country of origin and destination, loading costs in both country of origin and destination, Freight to country of destination, Insurance, customs clearance in both country of origin and destination.(But excluding duties and taxes in country of destination.)


Can Autohub guarantee fixed pricing?

Yes – Contact us for a quote prior to shipping.


Does Autohub provide vehicle certification or compliance services?

Autohub does have its own Auckland based compliance centre and can provide you with a package service that includes compliance if this is a more suitable option for you. Contact us to find out more.


What if my import is short term?

If your vehicle is going to be imported into a country for less than 12 months then there are various options on how to go about this.


What is a Carnet (CDP)?

A Carnet is an international Customs document. In relation to a motor vehicle, it is designed to make the temporary importation of a vehicle into other countries much easier. It is a guarantee that the vehicle you are taking into that country will eventually be taken out again and returned to its country of origin. The same document set is used at both ports of departure and ports of arrival. It contains a set of detachable import/export vouchers to be completed by Customs at each port.

For more information about New Zealand processes please click on this link


What is a Temporary Import?

If you import non-consumable goods that will be re-exported within 12 months, you may qualify to bring the goods in using a Temporary Import Entry.
This means that you may not be liable for import duties and/or Goods and Services Tax (GST) – although you may be required to provide some form of security e.g. a cash deposit, while the goods are still in the country.
This security will be fully refunded if the goods are re-exported within 12 months from the date you brought them in.

For more information about New Zealand processes please click on this link

What is a once only extension?

Under certain circumstances an extension maybe granted to the 12 months temporary import.


Have another question?

Simply contact us at