If you are in Singapore and need to export a car to New Zealand, AUTOHUB offers a complete package to handle every aspect of the export, all for a fixed price.
Services provided by AUTOHUB
You can either use AUTOHUB to ship your vehicle Door-to-Door (D2D) or choose which elements of our professional service meet your needs.
As part of our service, we will ensure the vehicle is suitable for export to New Zealand, including passing a quarantine inspection. This could include steam or high-pressure cleaning, disinfecting, and vacuuming.
For those exporting a vehicle from Singapore to New Zealand, we offer the following:
- Payment of BAF (Bunker Fuel Surcharges)
- New Zealand Port Service Charges
- NZ Customs Clearance & customs charges
- Delivery of vehicle to a local compliance centre
- Total Loss Insurance whilst the vehicle is in our care
- Quarantine inspection and cleaning, if required
- Compliance for your vehicle through Penrose Compliance if required.
To facilitate the shipping of your vehicle to New Zealand, we have three services available:
- Landed Door to Door (D2D). This includes receiving the vehicle at one of our export centres, surveying and photographing the vehicle’s condition upon arrival, conducting the pre-export clearance process, shipping, customs clearance, collection from the port of discharge, and transporting the vehicle to your specified address. It excludes any applicable duties and taxes in Japan.
- FOB Price (Free on Board). This includes the vehicle shipping cost plus any inland costs in Singapore to get the vehicle onto a vessel.
- CIF Price (Cost, Insurance and Freight). This includes the vehicle cost plus inland costs in Singapore, loading costs in Singapore, freight to NZ, and insurance. All other costs are at the expense of the buyer.
For all vehicles on RoRo (roll on, roll off) vessels, our team requires the exact dimensions and weight of the vehicle for us to proceed with a quote for freight.
We can also assist with reclaiming VAT on qualifying cars and commercial vehicles if the vehicle fits the profile.
Why Choose Autohub Services
- AUTOHUB are trusted shipping partner to take care of your imported car in both the country of export and import, including export clearance and liaison with the auction house or vendor, if applicable.
- We offer several shipments each month from Singapore, and we liaise with both the seller and buyer if required.
- We offer buyers and sellers complete security, including facilitating payment, to help ensure a smooth and secure business transaction.
- We pioneered the AUTOHUB D2D one-stop, fixed-price, guaranteed vehicle delivery system to Australia and New Zealand (NZ).
- We operate as an impartial cooperative of sellers and buyers. This lets us negotiate excellent services and prices with suppliers, to pass on to customers.
We take care of the many factors involved in shipping cars under one discounted and guaranteed fixed price, giving our customers peace of mind, service about requirements, and no red tape involved.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to ship a vehicle from Singapore to NZ?
The time to ship a vehicle from Singapore to New Zealand varies according to various factors. These include the shipping method (D2D or RoRo), the vehicle pick-up and delivery location in each country, and any unforeseen circumstances.
The typical estimated shipping time is around 3 to 6 weeks; however, delays can happen due to factors like customs procedures, weather conditions, port congestion, or other logistical issues. It’s advisable to contact a shipping company like AUTHUB for more accurate and up-to-date information about shipping times and procedures.
How much does it cost to import a car from Singapore to New Zealand?
Other than shipping costs, when importing a vehicle into New Zealand, you’ll be required to pay GST (goods and services tax) of 15% on the landed value.
There are some exemptions to this (like if you’re a new immigrant or returning resident), in which case you’ll be able to import your vehicle into New Zealand tax-free. Contact AUTOHUB for advice.
Once the vehicle is released from our care, you’ll also need to pay vehicle registration costs (which depend on vehicle type) before you can drive it on New Zealand roads.
Typical costs associated with importing a car from Singapore include:
- Purchase price. The cost of a car in Singapore is the first major cost to consider. This will vary depending on the make and model of the car, as well as its condition.
- Shipping fees. The cost of shipping the car from Singapore to New Zealand will depend on the distance and the mode of transportation. Shipping costs can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Contact AUTOHUB for a quote.
- Customs duties and taxes. New Zealand imposes taxes on imported cars based on various factors.
- Inspection and certification. New Zealand requires imported cars to undergo inspection and certification before they can be registered for road use.
- Registration and licensing. The cost of registering and licensing an imported car in New Zealand will also vary. This will include fees for license plates and other administrative costs.
- Other costs. Other costs associated with importing a car from Singapore may include insurance, storage fees, and any modifications needed to comply with New Zealand regulations.
Overall, the cost of importing a car from Singapore can range from several thousand dollars, depending on these factors. AUTOHUB can guide and advise you on all the costs associated with importing a vehicle from Singapore.
Is it worth importing a vehicle from Singapore to New Zealand?
The answer to this question depends on various factors, including the make and model of the car, the cost of the car in Singapore, the import regulations and taxes in New Zealand, and the overall cost of importing and registering the car.
Here are some pros and cons to consider when deciding whether to import a car from Singapore to New Zealand.
- Lower cost. In some cases, the cost of purchasing a car in Singapore may be lower than in New Zealand.
- Availability of rare models. Singapore is a hub for international trade, which means you may have access to rare or hard-to-find car models that aren’t available in your destination country.
- Shipping costs: The costs of shipping a car from Singapore can add up, especially as New Zealand is relatively far away.
- Modifications required. The imported car may need to be modified to comply with New Zealand standards, which can be expensive and time-consuming.
Whether it’s worth importing a car from Singapore depends on your specific circumstances and the many factors involved. For this reason, it’s recommended you seek professional advice from experts in the vehicle import-export industry, like AUTOHUB.