Import a Vehicle From Singapore Worldwide
Shipping to or from a different location?
To see country specific info, please enter it below.
Professional Shipping Services: Importing cars from Singapore to You
AUTOHUB offers professional international car shipping services around the world, including from Singapore to your required destination.
- Door-to-door fixed-price service for a straightforward importing experience
- RoRo (roll-on, roll-off) shipping
We offer import and export services from Singapore
AUTOHUB’s streamlined process and years of experience shipping cars ensure your vehicle is kept safe throughout the entire importation process from Singapore to your destination country. We have established relationships with logistics and shipping companies to ensure your experience shipping vehicles from Singapore is worry-free.
Here are some key destinations we can ship vehicles to from Singapore:
- New Zealand
Why choose AUTHOHUB
- We are trusted shipping partners and will take complete care of your vehicle when shipping it from Singapore.
- We offer several shipments each month from Singapore to Australia, New Zealand (NZ) and Japan.
- We offer buyers and sellers complete security, including facilitating payment, to help ensure a smooth and secure transaction.
- We take care of the many factors involved in shipping cars from Singapore. We offer a single fixed price, which gives you peace of mind that you won’t be faced with any hidden shipping-related costs.
AUTOHUB vehicle shipping services from Singapore
When shipping a vehicle from Singapore we can help with the following services:
- Receive the vehicle at one of our export centres.
- Take care of the necessary pre-export Singapore clearance process.
- Provide full shipping services to import the vehicle to your destination of choice.
- Collect the vehicle from the port of discharge.
- Transport it to your specified destination address.
Services provided by AUTOHUB
AUTOHUB can transport your vehicle from Singapore using our comprehensive Door-to-Door (D2D) service. Below is a list of the services we offer.
- BAF (Bunker Fuel Charges)
- Payment of applicable duties and taxes
- Total loss insurance while your car is in our care
- Customs clearance (if required)
- Quarantine inspections (if required)
- Arranging import documents. We obtain the necessary import documents from the destination country’s customs authority. These may include an Import Permit, a Certificate of Conformity, and other requirements depending on the destination country’s regulations.
If the vehicle you’re shipping from Singapore is larger than 20m3 please provide AUTOHUB with the vehicle’s exact dimensions when requesting a quote. This will help us provide a more accurate price, based on shipping requirements.
If you’re shipping a vehicle that cannot be driven, please provide AUTOHUB with details of why the vehicle isn’t operational, so we can arrange for the appropriate shipping type and provide an accurate quote.
You can learn more about our comprehensive insurance cover in our handy guide.
Vehicle exporting from Singapore
Exporting a vehicle from Singapore has several requirements. Here are some of the main ones:
- Certificate of Entitlement (COE). The vehicle must have a valid COE – a permit that allows it to be used on Singapore’s roads – if it is to be driven to the port for shipping.
- Road tax. The road tax for the vehicle must be up to date.
- Export documents. The vehicle owner must obtain the necessary documents for exporting the vehicle, including an Export Certificate, a Customs Permit, and a Carnet de Passage.
- Additional taxes. Depending on the vehicle’s age and value, the owner may need to pay additional taxes before the vehicle can be exported.
- De-registration. The vehicle owner must de-register the vehicle with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) before exporting it. This involves returning the number plates to the LTA, cancelling the road tax, and surrendering its COE.
Note: The requirements for exporting a vehicle from Singapore may vary depending on the type of vehicle and the country of destination. It’s recommended you seek professional advice before proceeding with the export process. AUTOHUB can help with this.
If you are unsure if the vehicle you’re considering importing from Singapore meets your local vehicle import criteria, our expert team can provide you with advice and give you peace of mind before you make a purchase.
We have many satisfied customers who have used our services to import vehicles from Singapore to key destinations around the world, including New Zealand, Australia, the UK, and Japan.
Here’s what some of our clients have to say:
Awesome to work with!
The service Autohub team provides is always professional and impressive. Very easy to communicate with, fast reaction and always friendly. They try to respond to my multiple requests and it is major help for my business.
Thank you for Autohub team.
Thanks very much for getting everything sorted.
The service from Autohub both in Japan and from yourself has been great.
I’ve done this a few times now and this has been the easiest, and cheapest, by far.
I will certainly recommend you guys to people looking to import cars from Japan. I imagine with the change of rules next year business will increase so good luck and thanks again.
"*" indicates required fields
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it usually cost to import a car from Singapore?
The shipping costs of importing a car from Singapore will depend on the make and model of the vehicle, the type of shipping and the destination. Things you’ll want to factor in are Singapore customs clearance charges and the cost of shipping and transportation within your destination country.
The cost of importing a car from Singapore depends on several factors, including your destination country, the make, model, and age of the car, and the import regulations of your destination country.
Typical costs associated with importing a car from Singapore include:
- Purchase price. The cost of a car in Singapore is the first major cost to consider. This will vary depending on the make and model of the car, as well as its condition.
- Shipping fees. The cost of shipping the car from Singapore to the destination country will depend on the distance and the mode of transportation. Shipping costs can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Contact AUTOHUB for a quote.
- Customs duties and taxes. Your destination country may impose customs duties and taxes on imported cars. These vary, depending on the country and the value of the car.
- Inspection and certification. Some countries may require imported cars to undergo inspection and certification before they can be registered for road use. This can include emissions testing, safety inspections, and compliance with local regulations. These costs will vary depending on the requirements of the destination country.
- Registration and licensing. The cost of registering and licensing an imported car in your destination country will also vary, depending on the country and the type of car. This may include fees for license plates, title transfer, and other administrative costs.
- Other costs. Other costs associated with importing a car from Singapore may include insurance, storage fees, and any modifications needed to comply with local regulations.
Overall, the cost of importing a car from Singapore can range from several thousand dollars, depending on these factors. AUTOHUB can guide and advise you on all the costs associated with importing a vehicle from Singapore.
Is it worth importing a vehicle from Singapore?
Whether it’s worth importing a car from Singapore depends on various factors, including the make and model of the car, the cost of the car in Singapore, the import regulations and taxes in your destination country, and the overall cost of importing and registering the car in your destination country.
Here are some pros and cons to consider when deciding whether to import a car from Singapore.
- Lower cost. In some cases, the cost of purchasing a car in Singapore may be lower than in your destination country due to factors like the exchange rates and taxes.
- Availability of rare models. Singapore is a hub for international trade, which means you may have access to rare or hard-to-find car models that aren’t available in your destination country.
- Shipping costs: The costs of shipping a car from Singapore can add up, especially if your destination country is far away.
- Import taxes and duties. Some countries have high taxes and duties on imported cars, which can make importing a car from Singapore more expensive than purchasing a car locally. Modifications required. Depending on your destination country’s regulations, the imported car may need to be modified to comply with local safety and emissions standards, which can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Difficulty registering the car. Registering an imported car in your destination country can be a complicated process that requires navigating local regulations and bureaucracy.
Whether it’s worth importing a car from Singapore depends on your specific circumstances and the many factors involved. For this reason, it’s recommended you seek professional advice from experts in the vehicle import-export industry, like AUTOHUB.